A Few Personal Thoughts
I am still trying to process through this massive
life-change. If you know me at all, you would know that I am not one for
change. I am quite content to be doing the same routine, working the same job,
and even eating the same things. I find what I like and I stick to it.
God clearly has a sense of humor: He gave me Josh—the
absolute opposite of routine. Ha. Josh has brought so much balance to my life,
though, and I am SO grateful for it. I know, if it weren’t for him, that I would
have never taken this leap.
In saying all that, this still is a push on my character. I
would be lying if I didn’t say there has been times where I wanted to give up,
turn around, and go back to what I know. (I can say that the Fijian airport was
CLEARLY one of them!)
This evening, as I was running our neighborhood, I felt like
God was trying to show me a few things. Let me preface by saying that running
has become one my means of therapy in the past several years. I have used it as
an endorphin release and as my outlet during times of craziness.
As I was running up one of the final hills before reaching
home (the hills of Bella Vista are NO small task, to say the least) I felt such
a great rush come over me. I felt like these hills were like the obstacles that
Josh and I have encountered while trying to get here—unforeseen costs, my visa
issue, the lack of jobs, the uncertainty of our finances – these all seem like
such daunting and overwhelming issues that we have no control over but we just
keep pressing through and persevering. Our strides seem smaller and our
strength seems so weak yet I know that God is here to meet us and give us the
strength that we need. We keep climbing, we keep fighting, and I know that we
will overcome these hills. AND, when we make it to the top, everything will be
in a whole different perspective and we will know that we did it only by His
strength, guiding us bit by bit.
I am so thankful that I am not doing this alone. I have a
husband who loves and supports me and encourages me no matter what. He has been so steadfast.
And, we have a God that loves us through it all. I know,
without a doubt, that He will take care of us. He has never left us yet and His
hand of grace is so evident in our lives.
“And let us run
with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the
pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the
cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12:1-2
No comments:
Post a Comment